This Statement details how we collect, keep and use personal data.
To ensure transparency in accordance with Data Protection regulations (GDPR).
What Data do we collect, keep and use?
The name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if provided) for each client and details of the property on which we will be carrying out works. For the purposes of providing grant funding we may record date of birth and general income details i.e. is the income below a specified threshold but not specific income amounts.
How do we use this Data?
We use the data collected to:
- Survey and ensure the proposed works can be carried out in accordance with current regulations and accreditation requirements.
- Facilitate the installation of insulation measures requested by the client
- Facilitate the grant application process and subsequent funds release
- Arrange post installation inspections to meet regulatory and accreditation requirements
- Facilitate the financial accounting processes required in accordance with current Legislation.
- Facilitate the issue of guarantees for works completed where appropriate.
Who do we share your data with?
- Our Installers – to enable the installation of requested works.
- Funding Bodies and Programme Administrators in relation to grant funded works in pursuit of the claim.
- National and Local Government agencies in accordance with statutory or regulatory duties associated with proper conduct of lawful business i.e. HMRC and Building control in accordance with current regulation.
- Our Accreditation Body: to facilitate randomised inspection and assessment of works for the purposes of quality control and compliance with assurance standards.
- Third party insurance provider in respect of the guarantee provided for Cavity Wall Insulation
- Our Data is also provided to our Accountant for the purposes of filing returns in accordance with Companies Act and HMRC regulations.
Belfast Insulation Co Ltd will never pass on any information to a third party, unless required within the scope of the known activity, and this will be made known to yourself. When applicable the mode of this transfer will depend on the information’s sensitivity. Should Belfast Insulation Co Ltd wish to disclose your information to 3rd parties it will only do so with your consent.
How and when we contact you
- We will contact you by phone, e-mail, SMS or in writing for the following reasons:
- In response to a request for quotation
- In order to confirm details associated with your order or application for grant funding
- In order to schedule proposed works following placement of an order
- To follow up on any post installation inspection requirements
- To follow up on payment issues
You may be contacted directly by our Accreditation Body or the Grant Scheme Administrators who carry out randomised inspections of our work for the purposes of quality control.
Data obtained and processed in relation to grant funding must be held for a period of 7 years in accordance with the funding provider requirements.
When the respective time has elapsed Belfast Insulation will erase and delete all the relevant information
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
“GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. In relation to the information that Belfast Insulation Co Ltd holds individuals have the right to :- – be informed that Belfast Insulation Co Ltd retains such information, – request access to the personal data retained, – require Belfast Insulation Co Ltd to amend or update the personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete. – provide the source of information held, when not provided by themselves – lodge a complaint relevant to the collection, retention or deletion of information
If you wish to contact us regarding your Data please do so in writing, we will review your request and respond within one month
Belfast Insulation Co Ltd has designated Ryan Gilpin as the Data Protection Officer. If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding this Policy, please contact us by writing to :-
The Data Protection Officer
Belfast Insulation Co Ltd
81 Whinney Hill
Date: 25th November 2020